Ravensworth Mansion

Click the image to launch gallery view

Dublin Core


Ravensworth Mansion


Circa 1920 photographs show the exterior rear and parlor of Ravensworth mansion. William Fitzhugh, great grandson and namesake of the original buyer of the 22,000 acre Ravensworth tract, built the mansion circa 1796. It burned in 1926 in a suspicious fire. The mansion's former site is in the industrial area on Port Royal Road, a short distance southeast of Ravensworth Shopping Center.


Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division, Historic American Buildings Survey or Historic American Engineering Record: exterior rear view, Reproduction Number HABS VA,30-RAV.V,1-2; parlor, Reproduction Number HABS VA,30-RAV.V,1-4.